With the advent in technology and increased use of devices like laptops, mobile phones etc. Digital forms of marketing are gaining popularity due to its broad scope and various specifications. It is the expansion of reaching to consumers. In simple words, Digital marketing is the use of online platforms such as social media, search engines, and other channels to reach customers digitally.
Let us learn more about this new form of marketing which is reaching great heights. We will also know why it is gaining popularity and what are its limitations.
Strategies in Digital forms of Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
This is a way to rank your website higher in the search engine. This helps in increasing the traffic on your website. It is further classified into:
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
- Technical SEO
- Content Marketing
This is basically done to reach to the potential customers through content. The channels through which it is done are:
- Blog posts
- Ebooks and White papers
- Social Media Marketing
This is done through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and many such platforms to promote your brand and content and generate leads.
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
Pay Per Click advertising enables marketers to reach users on a number of digital platforms through paid ads. These appear as pop-ups or windows on various sites which are redirected when clicked.
- Affiliate Marketing
This is one of the oldest forms wherein a promoter promotes someone else’s product on their website in turn of commission.
- Native Advertising
In this, paid ads appear on the website matching their own look, feel, and function. These are common to appear in social media feeds.
- Marketing Automation
It refers to software that automates your basic marketing operations or activities in order to reduce manual work.
- Email Marketing
This is often used to promote content, offers, discounts and more. For this, the targeted audience received information about deals through emails, and hence direct contact is established between the buyer and seller of the product.
- A social channel or a website allows you to find new markets and open up the possibilities to trade globally for whatever small investment you have, in the project or the company.
- It helps in saving costs as properly planned and well-targeted digital marketing campaigns can reach the right targeted audience at a much lower cost than traditional modes of marketing.
- If the database of customers is linked to your website, then whenever someone visits the site, you can then make offers to them to increase purchases. The more they buy, the more you can refine your customer profile and increase your sale by marketing effectively to them.
- It allows you to create engaging campaigns using smart content marketing tactics. This content be it images, videos, or articles can gain social currency, being passed from user to user and becoming viral.
- Websites reduce the long cycle of purchase as it connects the buyer to the seller directly, and the buyer is just a few clicks away from making a purchase.
- Right knowledge and expertise in the staff are necessary to carry out digital marketing with success, and you need to keep yourself updated as trends change rapidly.
- It is a time-consuming process as tasks such as optimizing online advertising campaigns and creating crisp and great marketing content can take up a lot of time.
- It can be quite challenging to stand out against the competitors and grab the attention of the consumers online, which are a target audience to multiple firms.
- The feedback and criticism are visible to your audience through social media and review websites. Any negative criticism or feedback of your brand can damage your brand reputation.
- There are a number of legal formalities around collecting and using customer data for a digital model of marketing purposes. You need to be vigilant and comply with the rules regarding the privacy of the customers and data protection.