We all know what gadgets mean. Don’t we? To state it for the obvious, also known as Gizmos, these are innovative electronic tools or devices that do something useful. Anything starting from a kitchen toaster to a washing machine or a video game is a gadget. Human life nowadays is dependent on electronic devices for anything, and everything, be it for entertainment purposes or reduce human labour.
In this article, we will know more about widgets and what are their advantages and disadvantages to understand them better.
The word first appeared regarding an 18th-century tool that was used in glassmaking and was developed as a spring pontil. As stated in the glass dictionary, published by the Corning Museum of Glass, “a gadget is a rod made of metal with a spring clip that holds the foot of a vessel and thereby, avoids the use of a pontil.” Therefore, Gadgets were first used in the late 18th century.
- Electronic devices help us stay connected be it personally and professionally by providing access to text messages, email, phone services, video chat and other social media handles.
- You can get quick and easy access to information with the help of computers, and the internet connectivity and these two are the most popular technology and gizmos in recent times. The ‘search engines’ available on the internet help you in the finding of anything that you’re curious about.
- Using electronic devices increases significant intelligence because you can complete a task in minimum time and fewer efforts if you are using a gadget.
- Electronic devices have made the world of shopping vast and more manageable, allowing online buyers to pick among millions of products with just a single tap of a finger or a mouse.
- There are so many electronic devices that help to speed up the work done manually. Right from household activities to office work, there are gadgets which can help to increase your work efficiency and quality. It helps you to do a number of things simultaneously, thereby saving a lot of time.
- When there is a machine that performs your task and reduces human efforts, it leads humans to become lazy, which increases health risk.
- Many devices contain hazardous chemical elements such as mercury, lead, and cadmium that can contaminate ground soil and lead to soil pollution, if not disposed of properly.
- With the changing technology and frequent advancements, it is quite challenging to decide whether to install a piece of specific machinery in your office or not as they get outdated and it takes a lot of money in the installation of these machines.
- Shopping and online transactions carried out on the internet are susceptible to theft of personal data by the cybercriminals as they can rob your credit card details and many other things which can further lead to monetary losses.